Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Infertility Journey update

I haven't updated in awhile, mainly because I am still attempting to process everything these days.  Back in October I made two appointments, with two different doctors.  I ended up really liking the first one I met, so I canceled the 2nd appointment and decided to stick with the first doctor.  At first visit, we chatted, (Joseph came with me), she did an exam, took lots of blood and scheduled an appointment for an ultrasound in three weeks. 
Joseph was able to go with me to the ultrasound appointment.  Everything look ok and we talked with Dr. M again.  At the first visit we discovered that my thyroid is off, so I am now on medicine for hypothyroidism.  My cycles are not regular at all, so I got a progesterone shot that day with a plan to take Letrozole once My cycle started.  Poor Joseph.  He is so patient, but being an already emotional person, the extra hormones make me even more emotional!
Once the cycle began, I was to have another ultrasound.  At this one we discovered that I have a polyp in my uterus.  We had to put taking the Letrozole on hold.  If I were to get pregnant while having the polyp, it could potentially cause a miscarriage. 
I go this Thursday for a test called an Endosee.  The doctor will go into my uterus with a tiny camera to look around.  I wish I could say that I wasn't worried, but I am.  It is possibly similar to the HSG I had 2 years ago, which did not go well for me.  At this point, they may go ahead and biopsy the polyp.  Then we will decide if/when I will have surgery to remove the polyp.
We covet any and all prayers.  Pray first, that Thursdays test is not horrible and that it goes off smoothly.  Pray that I do not become anxious, as being tense can exasperate the pain!  Also, pray that the biopsy results are good.  It is very unlikely that the polyp is anything but a polyp, but we will continue to pray that is the case!
I am so thankful for the support system that I have through this infertility journey.  I cry a lot, and most days I am not sure how to really handle and process everything.  BUT the thing I do know for sure is that God is GREAT and MIGHTY and is in all things and all situations.  Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment