Monday, January 29, 2018

Hysteroscopy, Polyectomy, and D&C

Friday, January 26th was a day that I dreaded for what felt like months, but in reality was only a few weeks.  We discovered on January 4th that I had a polyp in my uterus that had to come out.  If we had left it in, and we got pregnant, it could have caused a miscarriage.  So we scheduled to have it removed.  While she removed it, she wanted to finish the procedure from the 4th (the hysteroscopy), do the polyectomy, and perform a D&C. (Note: I have not had a miscarriage but she wanted to scrape my uterus to biopsy it, just to make sure all was well).  
My biggest concern was how nervous and worked up I can get.  So anytime people asked what they could be praying for, I replied to pray for calmness and peace.  Over and over again that was my prayer and the prayers of many others around us.  God answered that prayer more than I ever could have imagined.  We had to be at the hospital at 8AM.  When we got there I was so calm.  Joseph prayed for us in the elevator (since we knew it would be the quietest time we would have all morning).  We got registered and into our hospital room.  The nurse came, helped me change into my hospital gown, and hooked up my IV.  My parents showed up soon after we got situated, and this helped distract me (and Joseph!) Shortly after 10 they came and wheeled me to the operating room.  I don't remember much at this point.  They had me shift to a different bed, put a mask on me and that was that.  About 1.5 hours later I begin to wake up.  I was in a lot of pain, but the nurse said that everything went well.  I was teary, but so worn out.  I kept asking over and over again if I could see Joseph and if my parents were still there! She was so patient with me and kept adjusting my pain medicine until I finally was semi comfortable.
They wheeled me back to my room with my parents & Joseph. That may have been the best part of my entire day!  Once back there they told me that Dr. Malizia said all went well and looked beautiful.  A new nurse came in and she gave me good pain medication.  Mom and Dad left while I was resting and then Joseph and I got to leave to come home around 2:15.  I am still sore.  I spent all weekend resting but the pain just hasn't quite gone away.  We will go for my post-op visit on the 12th of February.  But until then, I can't lift, push, or pull anything heavy.  Everything just has to take time to heal!
We are anxious to get the ball rolling again but are so relieved at how God has answered every prayer up to this point! (Including financial prayers - everything has been cheaper than we expected!)

No comments:

Post a Comment