Wednesday, December 26, 2018

An update

I have sat down so many times to write this out & I haven't been able to. I feel though that it is important for me to have one day, so here I go. 
All went well after January's surgery. Biopsy looked great & I recovered nicely. Joseph went about 8000 miles away for 2 weeks, so everything was on hold until he came back. Once he did, we hit the ground running. Unfortunately we discovered that letrozole didnt work for me. We tried a few doses but it never caused ovulation. Over the summer I got my "official" PCOS diagnosis. My blood work would never show that I had it, but I had all of the symptoms. Finally during an ultrasound, Dr. Malizia was able to get confirmation. (This changed nothing, but was nice to know). 
We decided at that point to try shots. However, these were ones I had to give myself at home! With Joseph's crazy schedule I knew I had to be brave & learn how - so I did! Unfortunately the first round didnt work. We decided to do a 2nd round (with a higher doage) to see how it went. I had a baseline ultrasound (with a different doctor this time) and she saw a spot that concerned her. We had been keeping an eye on it, but this doctor thought more needed to be done. After she consulted with my doctor, they gave me 3 choices. Wait & see, go in an talk, or go ahead and schedule surgery to remove it. We had been in this exact same situation in January, and I didnt want to go through it again, but Joseph & I decided that surgery was our best option.

No comments:

Post a Comment